Most customer are newcomer and they don’t know how to use ride on power trowel machine, Now you can have a detailed understanding after reading this article ( Before that, we have already introduced how to use walk behind power trowel. If you are interested, please check: How to use a power trowel ).
Before starting the ride on power trowel, the following items should be checked:
Oil level in the engine
Condition of trowel arms and blades
Grease the trowel arms daily.
NOTICE: Check the oil level in the engine and gearbox. Engine and trowel warranties are void if this unit is run without oil.
Before starting the operator must know the location and function of all controls.
1. Adjust the chair to the comfortable position for the operator.
2. Push down on the left safety stop pedal, turn the engine keyswitch, and hold it until the engine
NOTICE: If the engine is cold, pull out the choke control knob fully.
The choke may need to be opened even when starting a warm engine.
NOTICE: Cranking the engine for more than 5 seconds can cause starter damager. If the engine fails to start, release the keyswitch and wait 10 seconds before operating the starter again.
3. Allow the engine to warm up before operating the ride on power trowel machine.
4. Push down on the throttle foot pedal to start the trowel
1. Return the control levers to their neutral position and release pressure on the throttle foot pedal.
2. Release pressure on the safety stop switch.
3. To stop the engine, turn the keyswitch to “O” (off).
NOTICE: Release the safety stop switch for emergency stop.
To utilize your ride on power trowel to its fullest capacity, the machine should be driven in the direction that the operator is facing. This will finish the widest possible area, while giving the operator and excellent view of the slab surface about to be troweled. When the machine reaches the end of the slab, make a 180°U-turn, and repeat the straight line of direction to the other end of the slab.
NOTICE: DO NOT use excessive pressure on the control levers. Excessive pressure does not increase the reaction time of the machine and can damage the steering controls.
NOTICE: Attempting to use the ride on power trowel too early in the curing stage of the concrete may result in an undesirable finish. Only experienced concrete finishers should operate the ride on power trowel.
The moving direction Control:
1. Reverse: Pull the control arm reverse
2. Forward: Push the control arms forward
3. rotate clockwise: Push the left control arm forward, pull the right control arm reverse.
4. rotate counter-clockwise: Push the right control arm forward, pull the left control arm reverse.
5. left sideways: Turn the left control arm left.
6. right sideways: Turn the right control arm right.
Pitch Adjustment Of The Trowel Blade
When changing or setting the pitch (angle) of the trowel blades, slow the machine, set the desired pitch on the left side of the machine, then adjust the right side to match. To increase the pitch, turn the pitch control inward.
In summary, the operation method of ride on power trowel is very simple, I think you should know how to use ride on power trowel now. If you have other questions about this kind of machine, you can also write to us and we will be happy to answer your questions. And if you need the above mentioned machine, please feel free to contact Hiking machinery for further information. Hiking machinery is a professional supplier for concrete floor equipment. Besides the above mentioned equipment, Hiking company also produce other equipment including laser screed, truss screed, concrete scarifier etc. Good quality and good price are offering!